Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Farewell to Agatha Burnbright

The day of the funeral service came. The Burnbright family decided to bury Agatha next to Ameen in the moonlight falls cemetery.

Arnie, Ava, Beatrice, Cecelia, Delilah, and Russel all came. Ariel stayed home from her daughter's funeral because the grief of out living her first born child was to much for her to bear. 


 Somehow it felt fitting for the youngest generation to bid a last farewell to the founder of this challenge. Infact Delilah insisted to give the speech she had prepared for her dear sweet Great Grandmother.

"Dear great grandmother Agatha Burnbright. You were an amazing person who led an extraordinary life." 




"Despite the fact you felt you were ugly. You have found you're one true love." 

 "But as soon you found love you have also lost rather quickly." 

 "Despite being pregnant and alone. You managed to pull yourself from the grief and raised a amazing daughter. My grandmother Beatrice." 


 

"No matter what the situation you found yourself in. You never let anything keep you down." 

"Threw it all you managed to become a five star chef. You kept your job until the day you had passed on." 


"You had a wonderful personality. You were Artistic, Neat, A Natural Cook, Nurturing, and workaholic."

"Threw it all Grandmother Agatha. You never let a friend or family member go without your love and support. You will be dearly missed by me and the rest of the family."

Everybody gave a moment of silence for Agatha. Who knew little Delilah is capable of giving such a eloquent speech?

Sometime later when everybody gotten home. Beatrice while still in mourning for her mother. Came to the very thought of her own mortality. One day she will be gone and Russel immortal will be alone again this will not do.

"Russel we need to talk. One day I'll be gone and you'll be-"

"Beatrice I don't want to think about that." 

 "No you listen Russel! If one day when I am dead and gone you happen to meet someone you love. Move on remarry. " 

 "There could be way. I would give up my powers and grow old with-" 

 "Russel that's crazy talk. You born immortal for reason. I was born to die and you were meant to live forever. I believe it is with good reason. We can't cheat fate... nor would I want you to give up your powers and immortality. Let's enjoy time we have together in the here and now." She hugged Russel.

"We have four amazing children and two grandchildren. Just tell me you won't be alone." 

 "I promise I won't we have an amazing family I'll be here for many generations to come. But remarrying isn't something-"

"Just do it if you fall in love again that's all I want from you Russel. I love you and I want you to be happy."

"I will love you forever Beatrice. I am glad to have this second lifetime with you."

With Agatha gone the Burnbright family will mourn. But they will move forward with their lives. One day Beatrice will be gone to hopefully Russel will move on forward with that as well.

Tbc..

1 comment:

  1. What moving words coming from such a child... No wonder everyone was moved.
    I'm glad Beatrice didn't accept Russel's proposal or giving up his powers. It wouldn't be right.

    ReplyDelete